In the following we wish to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data when you use our Website. Unless otherwise indicated in the following chapters, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data results from the fact that such handling is required to make available the functionalities of the Website requested by you (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
Using our Website
Accessing our Website
When you call up our Website, your browser will transfer certain information to our web server. This is done for technical reasons and required to make available to you the requested information. To facilitate your access to the Website, the following information are collected, briefly stored and used:
- IP address
- date and time of access
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of request (specific site)
- status of access/HTTP status code
- transferred volume of data
- website requesting access
- browser, language settings, version of browser software operating system and surface
Moreover, to protect our legitimate interests, we will store such information for a limited period of time in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Use of application forms regarding funding of your projects
On the website you have the possibility to apply for different funding programs. After sending the application, we will send you an overview of your application to the e-mail address you previously provided. We process the data that you send us as part of the respective program for the purpose of reviewing, processing and deciding on your application. Your data will be stored as long as they are necessary for the aforementioned purposes. If your application is accepted, your data will be further processed for the purposes of the program (Art. 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation) and will be deleted ten years after the end of the program – however, your contact details and the information that you have been funded will further be processed for archive purposes and events (esp. alumni) (Art. 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation). If your application is rejected, we will retain your data for six months after notification of our decision in order to be able to rebut attacks against our decision, and then delete the data.
Science@School - School Support Program (Bayer Science & Education Foundation)
In connection with your application, the Bayer Science & Education Foundation also processes the following personal data
- Name of the school
- Proximity of your school to a Bayer site
- Type of school
- Contact data of the school (street, house number, post code, city)
- Details of the project manager (first and last name, title, e-mail address, function, telephone number)
- Contact details of the school management (first and last name, salutation, e-mail address, telephone number)
- Information about your project (title, start and expected completion, description, accessibility, project promoter, project objectives, uniqueness, project costs)
You also have the option of voluntarily providing us with the following additional information when applying:
- Mobile number of the project manager
- Request for project-related funds
- Project character of your project
Volunteering Program (Bayer Cares Foundation
In connection with your application, the Bayer Cares Foundation also processes the following personal data
- First and last name, title
- Address (street, house number, post code, city)
- Contact details (e-mail address, telephone and mobile number)
- Details of the project institution (name, contact person, street, house number, post code, city, bank, accountholder, IBAN)
- Information about the project (title, duration, description, goals, reduction of social problems, impact, project novelty, possibility to perform by others, other sponsors, media reports, own voluntary task, unique selling point, costs)
You also have the option of voluntarily providing us with the following additional information when applying:
- Further project members
- Bayer affiliation (employee, pensioner)
- Further details regarding the project institution (telephone number, e-mail address, BIC)
- Search for further volunteers
- Consent regarding publications
Fellowship Program (Bayer Science & Education Foundation)
In connection with your application the Bayer Science & Education Foundation also processes for the Otto-Bayer-Stipendium, Carl-Duisberg-Stipendium, Jeff-Schell-Stipendium, Hermann-Strenger-Stipendium and the Kurt-Hansen-Stipendium, (“Fellowship) the following personal data
- Contact information (e.g. your name, address, phone/fax/mobile-number, e-mail or other online contact information);
- Application photo
- Information about the applicant (if the applicant, who has up to two years work experience, is from Germany, if the applicant goes abroad for a study project or practical work experience, or if applicants who are abroad, want to study, conduct research or complete an internship in Germany, current performance records/certificates)
- Information about the planned project (written confirmation from the host institution, project description)
- Possible further information the applicant provides
Inclusion Program (Herbert-Grünewald-Stiftung)
In connection with your application, the Herbert-Grünewald-Stiftung also processes the following personal data
- Contact person (first and last name, street, house number, post code, city, phone/ mobile-number, e-mail, facebook, function/position, background (duration and area of work for the institution)
- Information on the project institution (name, street, house number, post code, city, history, number of members, types of disabilities, sport disciplines, further sponsors)
- Information on the project (name, description, goals (integration, social aspects, etc.), type of sports promotion, costs)
Setting of cookies
What are cookies?
This Website uses so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your terminal via your browser. They store certain information (e.g. your preferred language or site settings) which your browser may (depending on the lifespan of the cookie) retransmit to us upon your next visit to our Website.
What cookies do we use?
We differentiate between two categories of cookies: (1) functional cookies, without which the functionality of our Website would be reduced, and (2) optional cookies used for e.g. website analysis and marketing purposes. The following table contains a detailed description of the optional cookies we use:
Subject to your consent
We only use optional cookies if we have obtained your prior consent (Art. 6(1)(a) General Data Protection Regulation). Upon your first access to our Website, a banner will appear, asking you to give us your consent to the setting of optional cookies. If your consent is given, we will place a cookie on your computer and the banner will not appear again as long as the cookie is active. After expiration of the cookie’s lifespan, or if you actively delete the cookie, the banner will reappear upon your next visit to our Website and again ask for your consent.
How to prevent the setting of cookies
Website Analysis with Google
On our Website we use a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”). Google will analyze your use of our Website on our behalf. To this purpose, we use the cookies described in more detail in the above table. The information collected by Google in connection with your use of our Website (e.g. the referring URL, our webpages visited by you, your browser type, your language settings, your operating system, your screen resolution) will be transmitted to a server of Google in the US, where it will be stored and analyzed. The respective results will then be made available to us in anonymized form. Your usage data will not be connected to your full IP address during this process. We have activated on our Website the IP anonymizing function offered by Google, which will delete the last 8 bits (type IPv4) or the last 80 bits (type IPv6) of your IP address after each data transfer to Google. Moreover, Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield which ensures that an adequate level of data protection is maintained with respect to the processing of personal data by Google in the US.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of web analysis at any time, either by downloading and installing the provided Google Browser Plugin . or by administrating your consents in the above table, in which case an opt-out cookie will be placed. Both options will prevent the application of web analysis only as long as you use the browser on which you installed the plugin and do not delete the opt-out Cookie.
External services or content on our Website
We include third-party services and/or content on our Website. When you use such third-party services or when third-party content is displayed, communication data are exchanged between you and the respective provider for technical reasons.
The respective provider of the services or content may also process your personal data for own additional purposes. To the best of our knowledge, we have configured the services and content of providers known to process personal data for own purposes in such a way that either any communication for other purposes than to present their services or content on our Website is blocked, or communication only takes place once you have actively opted to use the respective service. However, since we have no control over personal data collected and processed by third parties, we are not in a position to provide binding information regarding the scope and purpose of such processing of your personal data.
For further information regarding the scope and purpose of such processing of your personal data, please consult the privacy statements of the providers whose services and/or content we include and who are responsible for the protection of your personal data in this context:
Use of the recommendation function
If you wish to recommend us to others, you can do so by using the recommendation function on our Website. You may, in your and our legitimate interest, send a message to any person if you assume that the recipient wishes to receive such information. We delete the personal data involved with this (e.g. name and email address) after the recommendation is sent.
Transfer of personal data for commissioned processing
For the processing of your personal data we will to some extent use specialized service contractors. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us. Based on respective data processor agreements, they will only process personal data upon our instruction and strictly in accordance with our directives.
Processing of personal data outside the EU / the EEA
Your personal data will in part also be processed in countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your personal data, e.g. by concluding specific agreements with our contractual partners (copy available on request), or we will ask for your explicit consent to such processing.
Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling , unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of personal data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to the contact indicated below. (see C.).
If you are a resident of California or Nevada in the United States, you may have additional rights regarding your personal data. More information may be found here.
For any questions you may have with respect to data privacy, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our company data protection officer at the following address:
Group Data Protection Officer
Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our Website. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our Website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible updates.